Monday 6 October 2014

Release

Unravelled by you
I am weightless
Soaring beyond sickness
You dazzle me
Not with your disheveled beauty
Not with false charm or empty promises
But with your warmth
And small kindnesses
And your caresses
Your molasses and pepper of a voice
That undoes me with two words

Untangled by you
I am tranquil
Flying beyond fear
You astonish me
Not with your devastating eyes
Not with flimsy charisma or grand gestures
But with your clemency
And sudden kisses 
And your passions
Your nectar and spice of a smile
That floors me with one glance

Uncaged by you
I am dauntless
Gliding beyond guilt
You enthrall me
Not with your rugged allure
Not with flashy toys or phony machismo
But with your tenderness
And morning chuckles
And your whispers
Your silk and steel of a hand
That captures me with no resistance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.