Sunday 5 January 2020

cover to cover


we scribe in triplicate
all the things
we can’t say out loud
we speak through touches
and teeth
but he doesn't bite
worse, he savours
every serrated edge
of my armour
a snake of sweat
is all that separates
his hands and the
spectres that surround me
our infatuation
rewritten as affection
and indexed under joy
transcribing my instincts
he has made me a
harlot languishing restless
for his honeyed tongue
a calligrapher of daring
moves along my spine
paints me with desire
my reckless heartsong
is rapid percussion
he sings tone circles
syncopates a connection
our bodies bound
polyrhythmic pulse
travelling unmapped desires
strike a new backbeat 
he leaves me breathless
speaking tongues with untidy
tattooed calling cards
we scribe in triplicate
all the things
we can’t say out loud
we speak through touches
and teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.