Friday 25 July 2014

Grateful

Compare and contrast
Are inevitable at the
Launching of this virgin craft
And I am staggering
In the eddies of such
Delightful differences
I am serenaded
Not snapped at
I am blissful
Never barked at
When the night terrors
Send me speechless
I am held fast
By genuine caring
Warm even as tears
Freeze my cheeks
And muscle memories
Spasm shivering along
My unsound spine
I cross my fingers
Waiting for my luck
To run out
As I bitch and moan
In my incoherent
Morning moods
But still I am respected
Met with joy and curiosity
Never with contempt
Never named unworthy
Instead I am gorgeous
And funny
And a good girl
For scratching your itch
And in doing so
My mind is finally
Quiet and soothed
Into silence
Here I rest in service
And revel in truth
Trust becomes me
And you are the beacon
Patiently illuminating
My voyage into amnesty
Thank you, dear Sir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.