Sunday 15 June 2014

Broken

Broken?
I'm not broken
I don't need fixing
And I never asked you to
You say but but but...
What about being molested as a child
Raped as an adult
The melancholy?
Yes, these are truths
But they don't mean I am broken
I don't need saving
I am not your project
I am not here to feed your ego
I am not your ticket to being a heroine
You say but but but
What about being brave enough to trust
Having photos taken
The vulnerability?
Yes, these were challenges
But they were small triumphs within a broader one
I was never broken
You chose that story
With closed ears and blurred vision
And discarded me when I refused to fit
Like so much garbage
Painting me as unable to be saved
When I never needed saving in the first place
Goodbye and good luck
Try the puppet routine elsewhere
Because I was never broken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.