Sunday 15 June 2014

Small Town Blues

I know we'll bump into one another
Take care which name you call me
The girl you knew is no longer
She is long gone
Along with her fear
This small town lives for scandal
I hope you don't
I hope you remember
My name is double barreled
We were friends once
I may be contemptible
But I am human, too
I may have hurt you irreversibly
I am already reaping the repercussions
We both live in a small town
Ripe for gossip
Hunting villains
I'm not going to run away
I'm staying put
This is my hometown
So if you see me
Walk on by
Or look me in the eye
If it pleases you
I'll mask my guilt and shame
With polite stiffness
If you don't mind
See you around sometime
In our uptight small town

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.