Sunday 15 June 2014

Soul music

The dancefloor where we met
Was just burned down
You captured me there
Claimed me when the DJ spun
The Ronettes into Sam Cooke
Into your arms and under my skin
You came smouldering
With that easy rock 'n' roll charm
From your quiff down to your wingtips
I was doomed and glad of it
From my beehive down to my stilettos
You tasted of scotch and pipe tobacco
Smelled like my kind of mischief
And I will never regret it
Sunrise sex and coffee
Singing soul music
A concert on your balcony
Just two troubled spirits
Writing tunes and finding comfort
In one another's quirkiness
The heat turned to fire
And burned that old dancefloor down
But the music lives on
In your soul and mine
My springtime love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.